AFAA Continuing Education Units and Courses
Fitness Mentors is pleased to announce we are now recognized by the Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) as a Continuing Education Provider. Our AFAA-approved CEUs include a high quality selection of courses that allow you to:
- Recertify your AFAA Group Fitness Instructor certification
- Recertify your AFAA Personal Fitness Trainer certification
- Improve your personal trainer educational background
- Maintain a high level of professional qualification
- Increase your ability to attract and help your clients
AFAA Recertification Requirements
AFAA personal fitness trainers are required to renew their personal training certifications every two years with 15 approved hours of continuing education. AFAA-approved providers, such as Fitness Mentors, can provide CEU coursework. AFAA personal fitness trainers are also required to maintain their current CPR/AED certification.
To recertify with AFAA, take the following steps:
- Obtain proof of CEU completion (Fitness Mentors certifications of completion for the continuing education classes you’ve completed)
- Visit the AFAA Certification Renewal Application page and follow the on-screen instructions
- Pay the recertification fee (starts at $99 ) by phone or online
- Mail application and supporting documentation to:
1750 East Northop Boulevard, Suite 200
Chandler, AZ 85286-1744
AFAA Recertification FAQs
1How often do I need to get AFAA CEUs to recertify my CPT?
AFAA professionals are required to recertify their continuing education requirements every two years.
2How many AFAA CEUs do I need to recertify?
To satisfy the minimum AFAA CEU requirement you must earn 15 hours of CEUs every two years.
3Are there additional AFAA-CPT recertification requirements?
AFAA professionals also need to maintain their current CPR and AED certifications.
4What providers can provide AFAA-certified CEUs?
Only AFAA-approved providers can provide reputable continuing education to AFAA certified professionals.
Fitness Mentor's Business and Sales course is absolutely one of the best courses I have taken. It is full of very helpful information! Many other courses promise step-by-step details but they fail to deliver. Well, Fitness Mentors truly delivers! Not only is everything very plainly laid out and explained, but there are links directly to some of the sources. This course takes you from setting up your business properly to closing a sale! I wish I had taken it when I first got started. I plan on using the techniques in marketing, closing, and pricing at this very moment! I HIGHLY recommend this course to all Fitness Instructors - especially if you are just starting your career. Take this course immediately after certification! It will save you a lot of time and epic fails. My applause to Fitness Mentors!