ACSM Continuing Education Units and Courses
Fitness Mentors is pleased to announce we are now recognized by the American College on Sports Medicine (ACSM) as a Continuing Education Provider. Our ACSM-approved CEUs include a high quality selection of courses that allow you to:
- Recertify your ACSM-CPT certification
- Improve your personal trainer educational background
- Maintain a high level of professional qualification
- Increase your ability to attract and help your clients
ACSM CEU CoursesWe will be adding new courses periodically based on customer demand. The courses that are now available include:
- Business & Sales: The Guide to Success as a Personal Trainer (pending approval)
- Speed Development for Athletes (pending approval)
ACSM Recertification Requirements
ACSM certified personal trainers are required to obtain 45 CECs every three years to maintain their certification. The purpose of this recertification is to maintain a specific level of competence as a health and fitness professional.
There are three ways to recertify: online, by fax or mail.
- Online certification portal
- Fax: fill out renewal form, fax to number on page.
- Mail: fill out renewal form, mail to address on page.
All recertifications also require the following:
- $45 recertification fee
- Proof of Fitness Mentors certificates of completion for the CECs that you’ve completed
- Proof of CPR certification
ACSM Recertification FAQs
1How often do I need to get ACSM CEUs to recertify my CPT?
ACSM CPT professionals are required to recertify their continuing education requirements every three years.
2How many ACSM CEUs do I need to recertify?
To satisfy the minimum ACSM CEU requirement you must earn 45 CECs every three years.
3Are there additional ACSM-CPT recertification requirements?
ACSM professionals also need to maintain their current CPR certifications.
4What providers can provide ACSM-certified CEUs?
Only ACSM approved providers can provide reputable continuing education to ACSM certified professionals.
Fitness Mentor's Business and Sales course is absolutely one of the best courses I have taken. It is full of very helpful information! Many other courses promise step-by-step details but they fail to deliver. Well, Fitness Mentors truly delivers! Not only is everything very plainly laid out and explained, but there are links directly to some of the sources. This course takes you from setting up your business properly to closing a sale! I wish I had taken it when I first got started. I plan on using the techniques in marketing, closing, and pricing at this very moment! I HIGHLY recommend this course to all Fitness Instructors - especially if you are just starting your career. Take this course immediately after certification! It will save you a lot of time and epic fails. My applause to Fitness Mentors!