NSCA Continuing Education Units and Courses
Fitness Mentors is pleased to announce we are now recognized by the National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA) as a Continuing Education Approved Provider.
Our NSCA-approved CEUs include a high quality selection of courses that allow you to:
- Recertify your NSCA-CPT certification
- Improve your personal trainer educational background
- Maintain a high level of professional qualification
- Increase your ability to attract and help your clients
NSCA CEU Courses
NSCA Recertification Requirements
NSCA professionals are required to complete 6.0 CEUs every three years to keep their certifications up-to-date. However, the total amount of CEUs required during a three year period will depend on the current reporting period, not a duration of three years since the trainer was initially certified/recertified. Keep in mind that the current NCSA reporting period ends December 31, 2017.
Recertification CEU Requirements
|Initial Certification Date|
To complete the recertification process:
- Obtain proof of CEU completion (Fitness Mentors certifications of completion for the continuing education classes you’ve completed)
- Visit the NSCA’s Recertification & Continuing Education page and Report your CEUs
- Pay the recertification fee (start at $30 for members and $55 for non-members)
NSCA Recertification FAQs
NSCA professionals need to recertify every three years.
As a general rule of thumb, you’ll need 6.0 CEUs to recertify every three years. However, and as indicated in the above table, the period in which you initially certify versus the current reporting period may dictate that you require less than 6.0 CEUs. If you got your original certification before 2015, you’ll need 6.0 CEUs; during 2015, 4.0 CEUs; during 2016, 2.0 CEUs. If you are unsure how many CEUs you currently have you can log into the NSCA siteand see what CEUs you need.
Only NSCA Approved Providers can provide reputable continuing education to NSCA-certified professionals.