NASM Continuing Education Units and Courses
Fitness Mentors is pleased to announce we are now recognized by the National Academy of Sports Medicine as a Continuing Education Provider. Our NASM-Approved CEUs will include a high quality selection of courses
that allow you to:
that allow you to:
- Recertify your NASM-CPT certification
- Improve your personal trainer educational background
- Maintain a high level of professional qualification
- Increase your ability to attract and help your clients
NASM CEU CoursesWe will be adding new courses periodically based on customer demand. The initial courses will be:
- Business & Sales: The Guide to Success as a Personal Trainer (1.9 CEUs)
- Speed Development for Athletes (1.9 CEUs)
NASM Recertification Requirements
There are two ways to recertify your NASM-CPT:
First Option: Use NASM’s Recertification Portal
- Visit the NASM website and follow the links to their Recertification Portal.
- Upload your Fitness Mentors certificates of completion for the continuing education classes that you have completed.
- Upload a copy of your CPR and AED certification (front and back).
- Complete the rest of the steps on the NASM website and pay the recertification fee.
- Complete and print the CPT Recertification Application and CEU Petition Application
- Print your Fitness Mentors certificates of completion for the continuing education classes that you have completed.
- Print a copy of your CPR and AED certification (front and back).
- Include a check of $99 for your recertification fee*.
Mail all the above items before your certification expiration date to:
NASM Board of Certification
1750 E. Northrop Boulevard, Suite 200
Chandler, AZ 85286-1744
NASM Recertification FAQs
1How often do I need to get NASM CEUs to recertify my CPT?
NASM requires that the CPT certification be recertified every two years. This requirement has been put in place to ensure that NASM-CPT professionals meet, maintain and instill the principles outlined in the Job Analysis Study.
2How many NASM CEUs do I need to recertify?
NASM-CPT professionals need to complete 2.0 CEUs (20 hours) every two years.
3Are there additional NASM-CPT recertification requirements?
NASM-CPT professionals also need to maintain their current CPR and AED certifications.
4What providers can provide NASM-certified CEUs?
Only NASM Approved Providers can provide reputable continuing education to NASM certified professionals.
Fitness Mentor's Business and Sales course is absolutely one of the best courses I have taken. It is full of very helpful information! Many other courses promise step-by-step details but they fail to deliver. Well, Fitness Mentors truly delivers! Not only is everything very plainly laid out and explained, but there are links directly to some of the sources. This course takes you from setting up your business properly to closing a sale! I wish I had taken it when I first got started. I plan on using the techniques in marketing, closing, and pricing at this very moment! I HIGHLY recommend this course to all Fitness Instructors - especially if you are just starting your career. Take this course immediately after certification! It will save you a lot of time and epic fails. My applause to Fitness Mentors!